What is Medicare Supplement Insurance?
Medicare Supplement insurance, also called Medigap Insurance, helps cover some costs that Medicare insurance by itself won't pick up. It also delivers a few other important benefits:
- You can choose care from any doctor that accepts Medicare insurance
- Medicare Supplement insurance is guaranteed renewable, as long as you pay your premium
- You have a choice of private insurers through which to purchase Medicare Supplement insurance
- Medicare Supplement policies can be used to cover Medicare co-pay costs
- Medigap insurance can be used with Medicare prescription coverage to control out of pocket medication costs
What should you know before you get Medicare Supplement insurance?
Medicare Supplement Insurance doesn't cover everything. Some notable exclusions are long term care, vision, eyeglasses and dental. There are also several different standard medigap insurance policies - twelve, in fact, each one provides different levels of insurance coverage. Medicare Supplement insurance is available in most states, but not everywhere.
What kind of Medicare Supplement Insurance should you get?
There are a number of factors to take into account when choosing Medicare Supplement Insurance. Contact one of our insurance professionals for help in identifying your needs and options.
Do you have questions about Medicare Supplement?
Contact an insurance specialist at James E. Moore Insurance Agency, Inc. today to answer any questions about Medicare Supplement or for a free review and insurance quote for Medicare Supplement.